Monday, May 26, 2008

The Survey

I've also seen this passing through the blog world. Thanks for tagging me Michael and giving me something to blog about.

What were you doing 5 years ago?
1. Working a 3 to midnight shift at Vacations To Go.
2. Living with my Sister, her husband and Noah, their baby in Houston.
3. Using most of my salary to pay off my student loans.
4. Spending my weekends in College Station with Keith, my boyfriend. He had just graduated from A&M and was living at the old Timm House thinking about what kind of job he wanted to look for. He had already tried selling Sparklets water in Houston and starting his own painting and power washing business.
5. Trying to find a different car. My 1986 Toyota Cressida was dieing.

What are 5 things on your to-do list today (not in any particular order)?
1. Get through my work day and hopefully sell something! (which makes me remember I should be working now instead of doing this :) oops).
2. Figure out how to get copies of keys that work for Keith's Dad's Waterwood town homes, that we help manage for him. You would think Walmart and Home Depot keys would work, but they don't. It is driving me nuts!
3. Help Keith paint our new doors.
4. Help Keith get our pool working for the summer, we think it has a leak.
5. Make a real meal tonight. I new recipe, Pineapple-stuffed jerk chicken.

What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
1. Chips, - Doritos, Cheetos, those hard chips, chips and most dips, chips are like my candy.
2. Cheese Fry's with ranch to dip - the best.
3. Fruit - just got a bag of cherries yesterday and I'm loving them!
4. Almonds - I know, I use to hate them and thought only old people ate nuts and now I love nuts and dried fruit. I don't know what has happened to me.
5. Those jalapeno poppers, fried jalapenos with cheese. - I don't eat them a lot but I love love them.

What 5 things would you do if you were a billionaire?
1. Go on a vacation to Europe with Keith and My sister and her husband.
2. Buy a sweet lake house and a ski boat for our family and church family to share.
3. Move all of our families here to College Station and buy them houses all in my same neighborhood for them really close by.
4. Give lots of money away to people who really need it.
5. Save a lot of it and quit my job, instead create 2 new businesses. The first would be a wonderful Aggie themed miniature gold course. The second would be to buy some sweet land and build a cute outdoor chapel on it and rent it for weddings. I would also build another building on it so our church would have a place to meet.


What are 5 of your bad habits?
1. Making too many lists.
2. Forgetting everything, unless I write it down on a post it. - Maybe that isn't a bad habit, but it is close.
3. Compulsive returner. -when I buy something I have to be really for sure it is something I really want or need and it has to be the best possible deal.
4. (had to ask Keith for my rest) I swallow extremely loud.
5. He also said, they way I sip the little bit of soda left over on a can of coke from the top edge.

What are 5 places you have lived?
1. Cool Forest in San Antonio, TX -I lived here for 18 years and my parents still live there.
2. Neely Hall, my dorm my freshman year on the 3rd floor.
3. The Gables Apartments - lived here the remaining college years, had three roommates during that time span, Kylie, my brother Matthew, and Andrea.
4. On Fairview, the little blue house. Best rent of my life $132 a month and I had my own room!
5. Langford Street - It's my home now, also my office, Ross and Keith's studio, and it's part rental for us.)

What are 5 jobs you’ve had?
1. Mowing yards with my family, we did over 30 yards at one point. It was dirty and hard work but I wouldn't have my built figure if it wasn't for it.
2. EZs Brick Oven and Grill (3yrs in high school - best food ever!)
3. Olive Garden (waitresses over summers and holidays in College)
4. Sweet Eugenes house of Java (a fun 3 years in College)
5. Vacations To Go (Cruise Counselor) 5 1/2 years!

What 5 people do you want to tag?
1. My Sister. She only began a blog and never writes on it. Hopefully that will change.
2. Nicole. I miss hearing from her.
3. Steph Lee. I would like to know her better so I would like to see what she writes.
4. My friend Kathryn. She introduced me into the blogging world. I know she will fill it out.
5. Christy Carpenter. I love that she found my blog because I so enjoy keeping up with her life now!

2 comments:

rk said...

you worked at EZ's? Holy crap. You're like a celebrity to me now. i love that place.

Also, "cruise counselor"? Really? That can't be real...

kimrairdon said...

Cool Survey Christy! I will see if I can do one as well...It would be good for my blog to have something on it :)

Also, I never realized you sipped the edge of the coke can till I read that and know I keep picturing it over and over... :)